Friday, September 22, 2017

Motion and matter

My third graders have religious education every Friday for 40 minutes.  For some reason, my class has the highest number of students that have opted out of religious ed.  I have 6 out of 17 that stay at school. The other teachers have only one or two students.  I usually read with those kids that stay back or conference with them.  Today, I put them to work. We set up the motion and matter science stations for next week.  It was really fun.  We got 4 sets ready for both third grade classrooms. I really love the sound unit, but I'm glad it's over.  It was so loud!  Next week, we will investigate magnets, forces, and gravity. Then we will build some little cars.




For digital citizenship week, my class had to come up with a motto. This took about 0.4 seconds. I was pleasantly surprised!  One kid said teamwork, and I said, ok, can we say a little more? And a kid said, saves the day!  And I got up and did a little dance.  My knee still hurts a lot, so it was a short dance.

Teamwork Saves The Day!   I'm in love with it.

I tutored my little Chinese dude tonight. His mom wants him to work on casual conversation, so we just sit and chat. It's getting a little weird. There is only so much that I want to know about a 15 year old boy. And also, I have two of them living with me.  Tonight we talked about his sports week that he had at his school. He won 3 medals and shared his times.  He asked a lot of questions about Henry's time and how much he trains. I told him that henry is usually about 3 minutes behind the actual winner.  He can't believe how fast the kids are here. We did a little math and found out that the winner of the eagle classic did 1K in about 3 minutes. He told me that he didn't believe it. I said, well come on over here and watch them run with your own eyeballs.



No comments:

Post a Comment