Wednesday, September 6, 2017

I'm ready, I think

So I think about this little blog quite often and occasionally, I will visit it and start a post.  I have many saved drafts that I deemed lame and never finished or just never published.  I'm going to put some energy into this space.  I am going to try at least.

I have a good class this year.  Cute kids.  Smart kids.  My teaching partner is my old 5th grade basketball coach and I think THAT is so freakin awesome.  She's a great teacher.  I'm honored to be working with her.

So I had 2 surgeries this summer.  Stupid chicken. And on the 2nd day of school, I got a call from Bloomington North that Hayden had something stuck in his throat.  Guess what it was???  chicken.  He had to have emergency surgery to have it removed. I can't stand chicken.  My mom makes white bean chicken chili and it's so good, but it kills my stomach.  I have mainly been eating vegetables, rice and beans.  I don't drink milk or eat eggs.  Occasionally, I will have meat, but I feel terrible after I eat it.

I'm still busy running form place to place.  Henry is doing well in XC and Hayden is rocking in soccer.  High school hockey starts soon.  Henry is already talking about quitting hockey.  We will see how this year goes.  He also wanted to quit viola, but couldn't do it.  

Harrison is taking the semester off at IU.  Actually 3 semesters.  Hopefully, he will have a new plan for January.

Life was so much simpler when the boys were little.   We went to the park, the library, and played outside.  We went to the pool, had sleepovers, and stayed up late watching movies.  I still look at them and see their little faces.  Their first grade faces.   Their mom, mom, mom, watch this... faces.  Time flies when you're having fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment