Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Science was so much better

I separated the kids into groups of 2 and I picked their partner.  They hated me, but it was tons better.  They listened for a minute or two longer.  They even asked questions!  I think they may have learned one thing.  I even took pictures to prove it.




So, when I first introduced this, I forgot that I was supposed to use a paper clip.  I had a magnet on the string.  It took forever, but I got that magnet to float and I even put a thin book in between the magnets.  The kids were impressed, but then when I sent them off to try it on their own, I looked it up.   I didn't remember it being that hard!  I gave them all a paper clip and they had a blast.  We talked about the magnetic field and gravity and everything.  We talked about forces and how they can be balanced and unbalanced.  We all laughed about bringing balance to the force.  Well most of us got the joke.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment