Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cincinnati Reds

The Reds were my favorite team growing up.  They were nicknamed The Big Red Machine and they had a ton of great players.  My favorite was Johnny Bench.  He wore the number 5 and was a catcher.  I caught for my high school team and I always wear the number 5.

Speaking of the number 5, my son, the one that loves to run, broke a 5 minute mile tonight in his track meet.  He was all smiles.  I was so proud of him, but mostly, I was happy to see him smile.  


  

5 comments:

  1. The Reds are great. I like their uniforms and their goofy nickname. The Reds are the oldest team in professional baseball, so that's always a cool thing. Their first manager was the Spaulding guy whose name is on the sporting goods.

    Anyway, I'm hoping the Reds and Joey Votto kick ass on everyone this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Harrison! (I hope I got the right name!) That kid can sure run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harrison! Congrats to your #1 son.

    Did you like Pete Rose? And what about Marge?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work - that's crazy fast!

    ReplyDelete