Sunday, March 4, 2012

Weekend

I played in my first hockey game this weekend and it was fantastic.  It was the kids versus the parents end of season game.  I was thrilled to see a bunch of moms out on the ice.  Aidan's mom was our goalie and she was awesome!!



I wish I would have played hockey when I was little.  I remember skating at the Frank Southern a lot, but hockey was out of the question.   We could barely afford to rent the skates for open skate.  Toward the end of every season, I remember a puddle forming at one end of the Frank.  My brother and I would skate as fast as we could and slide into it.  The guy kept telling us to stay out of that puddle, but every time he turned around, we were back in it.  We were soaking wet and probably freezing, but I remember having so much fun sliding across the ice into the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment