Saturday, March 10, 2012

Florida, um, Miami Marlins?

When did they change the name to Miami Marlins?  There are so many name changes, manager changes, player changes, and stadium name changes in baseball nowadays.  It's hard to keep up and I don't like that part of the sport.

I am supposed to be sitting on a beach right now in Florida, but I can not get any one of my three boys to go with me.  Harrison doesn't like Florida and Hayden wasn't interested.  Henry said, ok, but he really wanted Hayden to go, too.   I need to find something to do.


5 comments:

  1. I just did a post on them too! I don't know why they changed their name. Probably to sell more jerseys and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Florida is sounding really good right now. Really good indeed. I would like to be walking along the beach on Sanibel Island right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of crazy kids don't want to go to Florida?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Marlins have a new stadium this year. They changed the name so Miami would help pay for the stadium.

    Personally, I think the new stadium looks a bit like the Metrodome, with a different kind of roof. What do you think?

    http://miami.marlins.mlb.com/mia/ballpark/index.jsp

    ReplyDelete