Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Houston Astros

I went to a Houston Astros game about 9 years ago.  My friend is a huge Cardinal's fan and it was her birthday, so we flew to Houston and watched them play the Cardinals.  This was back when they had the Killer Bees: Biggio, Bagwell and Berkman.  We also ran 2 5k's while we were there!

I really loved their old jerseys.  The new jerseys are hideous.  I have to give a shout out to the greatest Astro of all time, Nolan Ryan.  He was amazing.

I couldn't decide which team to blog about tonight until I stepped outside and looked at the stars.  They are beautiful tonight and they reminded me of a team that I have watched play in person and a song that I love.






5 comments:

  1. I love Chris Martin and Yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some pretty stupid looking jerseys; I'm into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were the Astros the team that had shorts in the '70s? Nolan Ryan was pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was that game at the Astrodome? I'll bet that place was terrible.

    Dan, the team with the shorts in the 70s were the Chicago White Sox. They wore them for one or two games only. See this link for photos http://mopupduty.com/worst-uniforms-chicago-white-sox-shorts-1976/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to Houston once. My brother used to live there.

    ReplyDelete