Thursday, June 20, 2013

New Look

I've been working on my blog.  I'm trying to decide if I like the new look or not.  I'm also working on a classroom blog for next year.  I'm going to keep track of all the cool stuff that we are working on and I have some ideas about how to keep the students involved.

1.  Have a guest blogger each day.  They can blog a joke, a list of their favorite things, etc.  I don't care, just set a 15 minute time limit as soon as they log in!  I want them to plan it out and write it up before they sit in front of the computer!
2.  Insert a picture in the blog and have a student write a caption or story about the picture
3.  Pick one amazing student story a week and type it into the blog
4.  Have the students make a to-do list in our blog.  Example:  learn how to multiply, learn how to divide, learn how to add fractions, learn how to write a story about a character that is bossy!
5.  I like to read chapter books to the class.  It would be pretty cool if one student would blog the main idea for each chapter, or a prediction for the next chapter.  KIDS LIKE CHOICES.
6.  Blog a math story problem and give a prize to the person that solves it first!


But right now, I'm going to eat some ice cream and sleep.


 
Harrison and Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment