Sunday, July 28, 2013

33 days

I have 33 days until the half marathon.  I biked for an hour today and then ran 2 miles.  I'm running 15 minute miles, which is pathetic.  Harrison runs 5 minute miles and 4 when he only has to run 2 miles.   I know I shouldn't compare myself to a 16 year old boy, but I'd like to get closer to 12 minute miles.  I'm making progress, but this run is probably going to take me about 3 hours to finish.  My trainer tells me everyday that if I eat healthy, then the training will take care of itself.  I'm trying so hard to make good choices when I eat.  I have some seriously bad habits.



School starts in one week and that will make all of this training about 1000 times more difficult.  The first couple of weeks of school are exhausting.  It's kind of like being hit by a bus, a school bus, and then you are made to get up off of the ground and drive the bus.  You are then responsible for driving the bus around for 6 hours while everyone runs up and down the aisle talking and singing at the top of their lungs.  I'm so glad that the students are starting on Wednesday this year.  Last year, they started on Monday and by Friday, every teacher, student, and administrator was like the walking dead.  Stamina people.  It's a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment