Saturday, July 13, 2013

Hockey Camp

I drove over to Ohio last night with my good friend Amy.  We watched the boys play a practice game and then waited outside of the locker room for them.  Ryan came out first and gave his mom, Amy, a big hug.  Hayden came running out next and gave me a giant hug.  Henry didn't come out.  We waited and waited and I told Amy, let's just go.  She said, no, they have to come out eventually.  So, when they did come out, like 20 minutes later, Henry walked right passed me.  I grabbed him and hugged him, but he clearly did not want this to happen, especially in front of all of his hockey pals.  And I'd like to mention here, for the record, he will NEVER see these "hockey pals" ever again.  He might not even see 6th grade after today.

So, anyway....  Amy and I left and we went to the drive-thru liquor store down the road.  We had no idea what we were doing.  I just told the guy that we wanted a bottle of white wine. We just sat there laughing trying to figure out what to do next.  The guy rolled his eyes and listed a few wines and I said, just give us the first one.  He took our money and we bolted.  We crossed that off of our to-do list.  I think it's time for me to make a crazy bucket list.   I'll need to think about this.

So, the next day.  We went back to the ice rink and watched the boys play their final game. Hayden was his love-able self and Henry was still acting like he didn't know me. When we got to the car, he told me that he had so much fun, that he didn't miss me at all.  Things went downhill from there.  It was a terrible ride home.  Henry and I had a big talk when we got home and then I left.  I went out with a bunch of my friends and tried to relax.  It's 3 o'clock in the morning and I'm still trying to relax.  This is about the age where Harrison started to give me grief and stress me out.  I'm not ready for round 2.  I'll pretty much do anything to avoid round 2, but deep down, I know it's coming.  I have to prepare myself.  I'm thinking yoga or maybe kickboxing.


This kid was on Henry's team.  I chased him down to take a picture of his jersey.  The players were allowed to pick any name to put on the back of their jersey.  This kid picked PRODIGY.   I might see his mom in my kick boxing class.

No comments:

Post a Comment